Logistics are a key driver of GPC Asia Pacific’s capability to supply its extensive customer base.
Across Australia and New Zealand, GPC Asia Pacific’s distribution network supports a footprint of more than 550 stores serviced by distribution centres in each capital city. Our store and DC network is the most extensive distribution network in the Australasian automotive aftermarket, with reach across all metropolitan and major regional areas.
This network confers the ability to deliver to customer’s workshops and our stores multiple times a day, with a fleet of more than 1,700 dedicated delivery vehicles. The vast majority of items from distribution centres are available on the same day or within 24 hours.
Our domestic distribution network is supplemented by best in class international logistics capability, including a seamless integration with Genuine Parts Company’s global supply relationships, the industry’s preeminent offshore sourcing capability and quality assurance infrastructure, and multiple overseas consolidation centres in Shanghai and Hong Kong providing state-of-the-art optimised supply chain solutions.
Brisbane Distribution Centre
Our massive Brisbane DC, opened in 2016, epitomises our commitment to enhanced materials throughput and easier picking and replenishment, so that we always get the right part to the right place at the right time.
- 25,000 m2 (1.2 times the size of the MCG)
- 70,000 SKUs in 8000 pallet locations and 250,000 parts locations
- 21,000,000 annual throughput
- First in / first out inventory management
- Very narrow isle racking for high density stocking
- Space saving vertical lift module with carousel for slower moving SKUs
- Automatic tote crate stacking and destacking
- Centralised tote induction at up to 25 totes a minute
- 14 minutes from tote induction to dispatch spurs
- Zone routed conveyors and gravity fed carton rollers
- Wireless voice pick and wearable technology
- Speech recognition software and barcode scanning